Cyberwar is today’s reality. We’ve moved from a world of cyber-criminal threats to an interconnected arena where any malicious activity is feasible. Cyber-Kinetic attacks that destroy, kill, and massively disrupt civil society are part of our new security threat landscape reality. Geography will not help. The massively interconnected Internet means that you are a cyberwarrior’s target, collateral damage to the attack, or were lucky to duck and avoid id.
This session will help participants understand cyberwar’s reality. Today and our future cyberwar risk will require dramatic changes and actions that can immediately be used to “raise shields” and protect your network, business, and customers.
This talk was presented at the 2022 BKNIX Peering Forum. The presentation and Video are linked below.
Welcome to Cyberwar Materials
- BKNIX – Welcome to CyberWar – Long-Term Ramification Unleashed by Russia’s War (Google Slides)
- BKNIX – Welcome to CyberWar – Long-Term Ramification Unleashed by Russia’s War (PDF Slides)
- Youtube Video of the Session
Are you looking for more practical, public-service Security Advice?
- Subscribe to the Senki Community Mailing List. You can sign up for the mailing list for updates here: Stay Connected with Senki’s Updates.
- Subscribe to Senki’s YOUTUBE Channel for videos on this and other security topics.
- Ask questions to Barry Greene – firstname.lastname@example.org
The materials and guides posted on www.senki.org here are designed to help organizations leverage the talent around them to get started with their security activities. Start with the Operator’s Security Toolkit and Meaningful Security Conversations with your Vendors. Each is no-nonsense security for all Operators. It provides details to help them build more security-resilient networks. In the meantime, stay connected to the Senki Community to get updates on new empowerment and security insights.