External posting is not allowed on Senki. Senki is the personal outreach to a specialized and curated community that focuses on the security, resiliency, and growth of what people now call the Internet. The materials, thoughts, views, recommendations, guidelines, observations, and calls to action are Trusted. The Trust is curated through the community activities in all the Network Operations Groups (NOGs), Security Organizations (FIRST, M3AAWG, NZITF, ISACs, etc), and Security Trust Groups. Other materials on Senki are crafted to help peers whom I coach and mentor. Investing in the human potential, where every human is a gem of intestinal value, is a core theme of Senki’s work.
“Regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value. Education can, alone, cause it to reveal its treasures, and enable mankind to benefit therefrom.“ – Bahá’u’lláh
That means we can never make a judgment on anyone we encounter. There is no way for us to know the inestimable value of the person with whom we are interacting. The best reaction is to honor that “gem” inside of everyone and do our best to empower them. You will never know if that gift of knowledge will be the spark that unleashes invaluable contributions to the world.
Given this …..
- Guest posts are not allowed. This would break sacred trust with the communities.
- Many of the posts and pages are collaborative efforts within the communities and posted as “Creative Commons” and TLP: CLEAR materials to be used in active incident response.
Yes, many organizations will look at social media stats and knock on Senki’s doors to see if there is interest in guest posting. That is a consequence of curating trust within a community. That is more impactful than any potential “monetary” benefit. The monetization on Senki is applied to cover the cost of Senki’s operations.
I will repost Senki’s materials and craft articles for other publications.
Are you looking for more practical, public-service Security Advice?
- Subscribe to the Senki Community Mailing List. Stay connected to Surfing Cybersecurity practical advice and critical “do this now” operation security recommendations by email.
- Subscribe to Senki’s YOUTUBE Channel for videos on this and other security topics.
- Ask questions to Barry Greene – firstname.lastname@example.org