Fortunately, we will have a huge library of BGP Hijacking presentations, talks, & tutorials. Many of these talk about the routing risk and how to mitigate the risk from human mistakes.
- BGP Hijacking overview. Routing incidents prevention and defense mechanisms. (Updated) from NOCTION provides a good summary of all the materials list below from the various talks and workshop materials.
- NANOG 43 – Prefix Filtering, Black Holes, and Protecting Your Business by David Barak, Barry Raveendran Greene, and Mark Prior.
- Blackhat 2003 – BGP Vulnerability Testing: Separating Fact from FUD v1.1 by Sean Convery & Matthew Franz
- APNIC Labs: Real Time BGP Anomaly Detection Tool (RTBADT) – New tools help detect and analyse BGP hijacks by Adam Mcfillin
- APRICOT 2007 – Inter-Domain Routing Security – BGP Route Hijacking by Taka Mizuguchi and Tomoya Yoshida
- RIPE Routing Working Group Recommendations on Route Aggregation (2006)
- Surprise, All Your Prefix Are Belong To Us! by Joseph Karpenko (2009)
Back to the main guide BGP Route Hijacks & Routing Mistakes – What can be done Today?
These BGP security materials are provided to help people around the Internet understand how do their part to deploy a more resilient BGP infrastructure. Seek out more information on www.senki.org.